We believe in Jesus’s Abundant Life, and
we want to participate in the Kingdom of God.
We believe that Jesus is drawing the whole creation to Himself
and renewing and restoring all things.
This means us, and our lives!
As we practice this and live into the beloved community,
we hope to experience a taste of divine renewal
right here, right now, where we are.
Our vicar and priest, the Rev. Audra Abt, is originally from Northeast Ohio and has served in the Diocese of North Carolina since 2010 before coming to Holy Spirit in 2017. Prior to entering the priesthood, Audra spent time teaching in Cleveland, OH and Bahia, Brazil among people engaged in grassroots community development for a more joyful, justice-oriented communal life. She envisions church as a place where our differences, our yearnings, our joys and hopes for a better world can be lived and shared as we learn to love each other more fully in word and action.
Our deacon, the Rev. Maureen Flak, came to Holy Spirit in 2021 to serve among us as pastoral care coordinator and to connect our church in ministry with our wider community.
- Everyone has gifts given by the Holy Spirit
- Our differences are beautiful and expressions of God’s image in each one, and they make us stronger together
- All sexual orientations and gender expressions are welcome and affirmed
- No matter where you come from or what you’re going through, you belong
- We want to grow together in faith and follow Jesus Christ in his Way
- We don’t have to agree in all matters, because we trust in the Holy Spirit’s power and Jesus Christ’s authority to guide us
Anna Cox, Warden (2021)
Carol Hunter, Warden (2022)
Sharon Morrison, Warden (2022)
Gail Stroud, Treasurer
Jiawei Qu, Musician