We believe in Jesus’s Abundant Life, and
we want to participate in the Kingdom of God.
We believe that Jesus is drawing the whole creation to Himself
and renewing and restoring all things.
This means us, and our lives!
As we practice this and live into the beloved community,
we hope to experience a taste of divine renewal
right here, right now, where we are.
Our priest and pastor, the Rev. Audra Abt, is a native of northeast Ohio. Prior to coming to North Carolina in 2010 with her partner, she taught elementary school in Cleveland, Ohio. She also spent time in Tanzania and Brazil living with people in rural communities and exploring with them questions related to community development and ecological sustainability. Rev. Abt is passionate for God’s Kingdom and the work of evangelism, identifying and activating peoples’ gifts, and neighborhood engagement. She speaks Spanish and Portuguese and is working with us to develop Holy Spirit as a site for bilingual and intercultural community with and among Latinx/Hispanic neighbors in Northeast Greensboro.
- Everyone has gifts given by the Holy Spirit
- Our differences are beautiful and expressions of God’s image in each one, and they make us stronger together
- All sexual orientations and gender expressions are welcome and affirmed
- No matter where you come from or what you’re going through, you belong
- We want to grow together in faith and follow Jesus Christ in his Way
- We don’t have to agree in all matters, because we trust in the Holy Spirit’s power and Jesus Christ’s authority to guide us
Anna Cox, Warden (2021)
Maria Alvarenga, Warden (2022)
Carol Hunter, Warden (2022)
Jose David Garay, Warden (2022)
Sharon Morrison, Warden (2022)
Omar Salcedo, Warden (2022)
Gail Stroud, Treasurer
Jiawei Qu, Musician